Mar 26, 2008

Gotta love animals

So today, im in the line up at the car wash when I notice a prairie dog, so I started watching (had a half hour line up) so Randy Andy, as I named him was racing around like a madman, then I noticed there where tooooooons of prairie dogs, so good ol Randy had to check out everyone, he didn't care if they were male female or indifferent, he was giving them all a try lol, he would approach them chirping like a bird and then go in for the kill, the "targets" would stand on there hind legs and box with him, either they were female and said " get a life buddy I just woke up" or male saying " you moron" either way it was a delight to watch, he would take off across the field with his tail in the air and almost do flips when he saw a "prospect" just the cutest thing, and just yesterday on breakfast tv, they were saying Prairie dogs are a nuisance, give me a break, they keep to themselves, dont wreck lawns like moles, and provided me with a ton of entertainment, and on the one day I dont have my camera with me....sigh.
Im telling ya, it was wonderful :)

3 comments:

Jackie said...

And I needed wonderful, I have been so down in the dumps lately, thinking my sister needs to come and visit me, Im ready to buy the ticket, let me know when you off!! next week??? lol, but really, come visit me, I need some sanity :)

Jo said...

Oh man - I wish I could come out there! This whole working for a living sure gets in the way of LIVING!!! Why are you down in the dumps? Is it the end of winter blues? I get them every year - thankfully, around the time I feel most miserable, the sun starts to stay out longer and longer.
I loved reading about the prairie dogs. Us Duggans sure do enjoy animal antics don't we? Around here we have been inundated with wild turkeys, they are so funny to watch. Not the brightest feathers in the flock, that's for sure! Keep on smiling sis! Love ya.

Jackie said...

I really think its "girl stuff" suffering horrid symptoms, then feeling that no one gives a damn about me, then the working like a dog and my significant other not having a clue and im sure he thinks all I do is chat with the girls and drink coffee all day, christ if he had to do the work I do jeeeez lol, and missing being around family, and im sick of Alberta, and now buttons, if it wasnt for Vicki and Darcelle and her 3 wonderful little men, Im sure I would crack, lol, I will get over it and my outward face is still the pleasant Jackie that I show the whole world, just the doldrums I guess, oh good scrabble word there haha, all i know is im not going the prescribed pill route through this "girl stuff" and will tough it out, I know you are dealing with the same, sigh, pretty bad when you wish to be 55ish lol. love you too, thanks for listening to the griping, will try to keep it to a minimum :) xoxo