Apr 15, 2008

Random act of kindness

Wow no one has been on here for awhile!! anyhow you hear about random acts of kindness but rarely see them, so thought I would share this one, at work yesterday I had two young mums with 4 kids, I took there order and went into the kitchen, Emily (our cashier) came in and asked me for there bill, I was confused as they had only just ordered, I asked her if something was wrong, nope just give me there bill, I went out front after a few minutes to see what was going on and a lady who had been eating lunch there had randomly paid there bill for them, and left me a $10 tip, how nice, I told the girls and it made there day, and we all vowed to "pay it forward" what a nice thing to do.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love that story. Puts a little faith back into mankind. Have you been watching Oprah's Big Give? Talk about helping people...

Jo said...

That is a great story, what a treat for the mums and a nice tip for you.
Yesterday we had a lhasa cross in for grooming. She was over a year old and this was her first groom. She HATED it and made it very clear. It took 3 of us to get her very matted legs shaved! She had to be muzzled, even though she was a sweet dog, she was frightened and was biting us. Shaving matts out hurts. That was the rough clip. The bath and dry I managed on my own. I got much of her back finished with a clipper with no trouble. However, to finish the legs, head and clip the nails took two of us. When the owner came to get her I explained how difficult it had been and as a result, the cost was $60! He not only understood completely, but he tipped us $20 for our troubles!!! He liked her hair short so much now he is going to bring her in every couple of months for a much reduced cost. I am always so nervous to explain the additional costs for difficult dogs, but this guy was great.